The Difference Between Data Platforms and Survey Systems
Koeeru Inc. is a data platform company that streamlines the collection, process, analysis, and visualization of VoC data, including global research and customer experience (CX) data. As an IT startup company, we aim to make our platform one that is customized to meet the needs of our clients.
When we talk to clients about “building a customized data platform”, we are often asked, “What is the difference between your solution and existing survey systems?” Therefore, in this article, I would like to address the differences between our data platform and traditional survey systems.
Many consultancies and research firms that need to collect a variety of data have switched to our platform solution because we provide them with the flexibility to customize the data collection, processing, and reporting functions–thus allowing them to meet their client requests better and to build something that matches their infrastructure needs.
For example, we might offer customization in terms of functionality, such as creating unique filter functions on dashboards or by displaying the data according to the client’s specified analysis logic. This is particularly important when conducting market research surveys. Unlike CX surveys, market research surveys often require complex logic and analysis methods that require customized coding. Our system can handle these complicated requests, something that many regular survey systems cannot.
In addition, the system can be customized to meet various data collection needs, such as survey screens that are compatible on a variety of mobile devices, or surveys through chatbot etc.
In short, our system can handle everything from simple customer experience surveys to complex market research surveys run by market research companies, including and especially, overseas surveys. We are able to serve such a wide variety of needs because we have a team ready and able to customize our platform for each client, in contrast to off-the-shelf survey system providers.
The biggest advantage of using a platform rather than a survey system is that the data collection, processing, and reporting can be streamlined into a single cloud system, leading to the ability to take prompt action based on comprehensive data. In contrast, existing survey systems are mostly focused on the collection side, meaning that clients have to go through extra steps if they want to analyze or use the data they have collected. Some of the ways that a data platform can be scalable include:
Koeeru offers a number of ways to collect Voice of Consumer data for our clients, including:
- Koeeru Global: Our solution that allows clients to conduct inexpensive and timely quantitative market research surveys, both domestically and internationally, through our partnership with online panel providers covering over 100 million people in 80 countries.
- Koeeru Community: A system that allows clients to build and manage fan communities from their own audiences.
- Koeeru CX: A system to collect customer feedback through surveys delivered to customers in stores or on e-commerce sites.
- Import Data from External Data Providers: Whether through API linkages or through data uploads, our system supports a variety of ways to connect external data.
- Export Data to External Data Processors: Consumer data collected on the platform can be connected to external systems (e.g. CRMs or DMPs) for data usages other than market research.
- Customized Dashboards: Create comprehensive dashboards taht combine VoC data, market research data, first and third party data, etc. Different login IDs can show different dashboards and can have different data viewing permissions, so that anyone in the company, regardless of expertise, department, country, etc., can enjoy the value of data on the platform.
- Alert Functionality: Schedule automated alerts based on survey responses or incoming data for immediate action taking.
- Data Export: Download the raw data from the dashboard for more complex analysis, and customize the download format to match your analysis tool.
The above give a short summary of the differences between our data platform and a traditional survey system, especially as it relates to customizability and scalability. If your organization does not require these features, then a simple survey tool is inexpensive and might be the right choice. On the other hand, if you need more from your data, you might consider a data platform.
What action do you want to take from your data? This really varies client to client. The answer might not even be apparent until after you start collecting. With a customized data platform, we can help you collect the right data towards making the right action. If you are interested in learning more, please feel free to contact us.
What is VOC Data? Our guide to the benefits of VOC data collection, analysis, and use
Differences Between Japanese and Western Market Research ｜An Interview with a Japanese Researcher with Experience Overseas (2)
Forget Made In Japan! Survey Results Showing What’s Important in the U.S. Cosmetics Market
Food Buying Habits in the U.S., Japan, and China | Part 4
Receive Updates to your Inbox!
Sign up for our newletter to receive timely updates, how-to tips, and invitations to webinars and events.